Coronavirus – ways to get help
As the coronavirus pandemic affects all areas of our lives and lockdown, furlough and job uncertainty make everyone think differently, we have pulled together a list of resources that may help.
Call us if you need support from the foodbank – we can provide you with a voucher code which can be used for 3 days emergency food supply and personal items. (If you are self-isolating, someone can attend the foodbank to collect on your behalf – you will need to contact the foodbank to advise them).
There are various locations around Bedford, follow the link below to view specific locations and opening times.
Let us know which foodbank you will use so we can issue you with the appropriate code.
Below are some useful links on how to eat well on a budget:
Below is a link with information on how to reduce food waste:
Our social prescriber can work with you to support you with your finances and create a financial recovery plan.
If you would like to be referred to the social prescriber, send us a message through the website outlining the reason for the referral. A member of the team may contact you if we require additional information; otherwise we will refer you directly.
- www.stepchange.org is a charity that can give practical advice on how to manage any debts you may have.
- www.entitledto.co.uk offers a benefits calculator that can check if you are entitled to any benefits.
- The ‘Browse: How benefits work’ page on the Gov.uk website lists all available benefits, with links to allow you to apply.
- The ‘Benefits’ page on the Citizens Advice website includes information on benefits you may be entitled to during coronavirus.
- www.benefitsguide.co.uk is charity that has some useful information on benefits.
If you need to speak to someone the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call them for free on 116 123.
Below are some useful links:
Below are links to some services that offer support specifically for young people: